The Polecat is Sawyer's solution for the cost conscious oar buyer who wants the lightweight strength advantage of a fiberglass shaft with the history of superior design and durability only offered by Sawyer.
Oversized Shipping Charges Apply
Standard Shaft Features:
- Fiberglass whitewater oar shaft
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop
- Laminated Fir barrel grip w/vinyl rubber grip covers
- Interchangeable blades via TiteSet Blade Lock - solid, fail safe connection that won't rattle or jam
- Available lengths: 7.5' to 10' (overall length)
- Shaft diameter: 1 5/8" I.D.
- Shaft colors: Black, Blue, Black & Tan, White or Yellow
- Black Rope Wrap comes standard.
(White available upon request.)
- 2 or 3-piece breakdown for your spare (see diagram)
- 2-Piece is designed to be two equal parts with the blade attached.
- 3-Piece is designed to have three roughly equal parts with the blade removed.
- Counter Balance - Ease the strain on your arms with a counter balance weight in the handle. Offsets the weight of the blade and lower oar when in your oarlock.
- Gilman Grips - Gilman Grips Oar Handles deliver a significant performance advantage with an ergonomic design that eliminates unintentionally spin in your hand. With or without counter balanced weight. *Upgrades must be purchased with an oar shaft. Please see Gilman Grips for standalone purchases.
Polecat shafts are compatible with all Standard 1 5/8" TiteSet mount Sawyer Oar Blades. Sold separately - click here to see all your options.