The Sawyer Artisan MX Oar features a light weight, exceptional strength shaft that is upgraded with prints of fish species from artists around the country passionate about fisheries and fishing art. The core of the MX system is the longitudinal fiberglass shaft, available in a variety of upgrades. Combine this with the blade that best fits your needs and rowing style and you have a truly customized oar that has the best balance of strength, weight, flex, durability and supports Save Our Wild Salmon coalition!
Oversized Shipping Charges Apply
Standard Shaft Features:
- Tough fiberglass whitewater oar shaft
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop
- Laminated Fir barrel grip with vinyl rubber grip covers
- Artisan Fish Art Wrap:
- Brown Trout by Ty Hallock
- Cutty Rain Brown by Link Jackson
- Smallmouth Bass by Matt Stockton
- Sockeye by Ed Anderson
- Steelhead by Link Jackson
- Interchangeable blades via TiteSet Blade Lock - solid, fail safe connection that won't rattle or jam
- Available lengths: 8' to 12' (overall length)
- MXS Shaft diameter: 1 5/8" I.D.
- 2 or 3-piece breakdown for your spare (see diagram)
- 2-Piece is designed to be two equal parts with the blade attached.
- 3-Piece is designed to have three roughly equal parts with the blade removed.
- Counter Balance Grip - Ease the strain on your arms with a counter balance weight in the handle. Offsets the weight of the blade and lower oar when in your oarlock.
- Gilman Grips - Gilman Grips Oar Handles deliver a significant performance advantage with an ergonomic design that eliminates unintentionally spin in your hand. With or without counter balanced weight. *Upgrades must be purchased with an oar shaft. Please see Gilman Grips for standalone purchases.
SAVE OUR WILD SALMON COALITION & SMALLMOUTH ALLIANCE
A percentage of each oar sale goes to support Save Our Wild Salmon conservation efforts to protect and restore wild salmon, steelhead and the healthy river systems they depend on.
MXS Oar Shafts are compatible with all 1 5/8" TiteSet mount Sawyer Oar Blades. Sold separately.