Forged from a specially formulated “Mag 70” high strength bronze alloy used in marine grade propellers, clamps, and rudders. Chosen for its high tensile strength and corrosion resistance, resulting in a super heavy-duty oarlock that is extremely durable. These bronze oarlocks are also designed to be adjustable to fit your oar and style of rowing.
Simply put, the Canyon Oarlock makes rowing easier. This new design allows the oar to feather throughout a greater range of motion and eases rowing while standing. It also reduces friction and interference with the oar stop. This oarlock will benefit rowers of all levels, from beginners to the most experienced.
- Wide Horns - spread out the load-bearing area and reduce stress on the oar and lock.
- Blunt Tip - reducing the chance of a penetrating wound.
- U-Shaped Opening – extra range of motion allows for feathering of the oar, stand-up rowing, and close-in sculling.
- Tulip Design – aids returning oar to oarlock.
- Adjustable – Can be fine-tuned to fit most oar sizes and stop styles.
See OARLOCK TUNING GUIDE for more info.
- Long shank dimensions: 5“ L x 5/8” Diam.
- Adjustable 2” horn opening