We designed the KBO™ for smaller boats. By shortening the shafts we created the ideal rowing configuration for modest vessels. Mild or rough waters, navigate with perfection. Cataract® Oars offers the KBO™ as a one-piece or two-piece configuration. The breakdown two-piece design is great for portability. Built with the same tough materials as the SGG™ and our patented filament winding technique, the KBO™ is strong, flexible, and lighter than other oars on the market. The KBO™ oar is not, however, a replacement for our bigger oars. Rather, the KBO™ is a great option for kick boats and small fishing vessels. Its compact design makes it perfect for space saving. A tough, urethane finish protects the shaft from scratches, dings, and UV rays, increasing the life of the oar. Compatible with the Mini Magnum™ and Mini Cutthroat™ oar blades.
OVERALL OAR LENGTHS INCLUDE THE 27″ LONG BLADE (SOLD SEPARATELY). FOR A LIST OF ACTUAL SHAFT LENGTHS, SEE THE “SPECS” SECTION.
- Same patented filament wound fiberglass/carbon fiber design as other Cataract® Oars shafts in a smaller diameter for kick boats and small watercraft. Shaft diameter is 1-5/8” with rope wrap.
- The KBO™ is not a replacement for the larger SGG™ and SGX™ oars. With the shorter shaft length and smaller blade, this oar is perfect for kick boats, drift boats, and other small water craft, especially where portability is important to you.
- Buy the KBO™ as a one-piece shaft or a breakdown two-piece shaft for packing and portability.
- An innovative thumb notch on the end of the rubber-cushioned handles gives you superior orientation of your blade while keeping your eyes on what lies ahead.
- KBO™ oar shafts are compatible with our Mini Cutthroat™ and Mini Magnum™ oar blades. These blades float.
- Comes with a rope wrap for quieter rowing.
- Available only in our unweighted handle option.
- Only in black.
Shaft Material: Fiberglass, Carbon fiber
Shaft Diameter: 1 3/8”, 1 5/8” with rope wrap
Warranty: 1 year
*Available with Rope Wrap
|Standard Oar Lengths
|Assembled Length (ft)
||Shaft Length (in)
||Breakdown Top (in)
||Breakdown Bottom (in)
||Mini Blade (in)